Ford is proud to announce that the all-new Tourneo will launch in Australia in late 2024, expanding the company’s offering for families looking to enjoy all the activities and adventures of life in comfort.
A pair of models will be available for the Tourneo, with both the Active and Titanium X variants offering spacious accommodation for up to eight occupants and a comprehensive range of standard features such as a flexible track-mounted rear seating and power side doors.
Tourneo is adaptable enough to let families choose a configuration that works for them and their gear. Based on the all-new Transit Custom long wheelbase platform, Tourneo builds upon the acclaimed driving dynamics, technology and striking design that helped earn Transit Custom the 2024 International Van of the Year10 award.
“With the Tourneo we are proud to have a vehicle that is as flexible as the modern family, with smart solutions for everything they throw at their busy lives,” said Andrew Birkic, President and CEO, Ford Australia.
“It’s packed with clever features like the track-based seating system, giving families one vehicle for everything they need. Whether it's the daily commute, a trip to the beach, school drop off, a weekend getaway, moving furniture, or a cross-country road trip, Tourneo is ready to take on any adventure with ease.”
Clever cabin customisation
Setting Tourneo apart in this segment is the innovative and unique flexible track-based seating system in the second and third row. This allows families to completely customise the seating arrangement to best suit their own unique needs. Beyond traditional fore- and aft- movements that allow for owners to modulate legroom, one or all three of the second-row seats can be turned to face rearward for a conference layout. Additionally, the middle seat of the second row can be folded into a small table with cup holders.
The adjustments are boundless with owners able to entirely remove single seats or rows to suit their needs. All six of the rear seats can even be removed for when owners need as much cargo carrying space as possible. ISOFIX points are available on both second and third rows.
Striking looks and engaging dynamics
The all-new Tourneo makes a clear statement on the road, with an expressive and sculptural design to appeal to families and high-end businesses alike. With a confident stance, the vehicle has increased visual width front and rear, for a planted and stable appearance. A stylish interior features superior craftsmanship and material quality, and the highly specified cabin is packed with premium features.
With independent rear suspension, the Tourneo is able to provide SUV-like comfort and refinement, along with confidence-inspiring dynamics. Drivers also benefit from the cab-forward design which provides excellent vision of the road, enhancing their sense of control and confidence behind the wheel.
Both the Tourneo Active and Titanium X are fitted with a 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engine, with 125kW and 390Nm delivered to the front wheels via an eight-speed automatic transmission. Expanding the Tourneo’s cargo carrying capacity beyond the cabin, the vehicle can tow a braked trailer weight of up to 2,500 kg11.
Technology designed for a modern life
Convenience for busy families was top of mind when engineering the all-new Tourneo, with features designed to make life easier for owners as they go about their daily activities. Owners will enjoy peace of mind with numerous driver assist features offered as standard on both the Tourneo Active and Titanium X. Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)4, 5, Pre-Collision Assist with AEB and Intersection Assist4, 6, BLIS with Rear Cross Traffic Alert and BLIS Assist4, Lane Keeping System4, and a rear reversing camera4 are all fitted as standard on both variants.
The convenience of modern technology features throughout the cabin, with a 13-inch central touchscreen infotainment unit running SYNC 41 fitted as standard. All Tourneo models sold in Australia have wireless Apple CarPlay™® and Android Auto™®2 functionality as standard and a wireless phone charger3 for clutter-free convenience.
At launch, the Tourneo Active will be offered with the following features as standard:
· 17” alloy wheels
· Dual side power doors
· LED headlamps and daytime running lamps
· LED taillamps
· Track based second and third row seats
· Heated driver and front passenger seats
· Keyless start
· Tri-zone temperature control
· 13” landscape colour touchscreen
· SYNC 41 with Wireless Apple CarPlay™® and Android Auto™®2
· 5G Embedded Modem compatible with FordPass™8
· Connected built-in satellite navigation12
· Wireless Mobile Phone Charging3
· Six airbags
· Pre-Collision Assist with AEB & Intersection Assist4, 6
· Front and rear parking sensors4
· Rear parking camera4
· Lane keeping system4
· Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) 4, 5
· BLIS with Rear Cross Traffic Alert and BLIS Assist4
Stepping up to the Titanium X, customers benefit from additional standard features such as:
· Unique 17” premium alloy wheels
· Panoramic roof with fixed glass
· Premium Sensico® artificial leather trim
· Power adjustable front driver & passenger seat
· Premium B&O audio system7
· 360 Degree camera
Along with ‘Frozen White’ as a no cost option, Tourneo customers will be able to choose from a selection of additional prestige paint colours as a $700 option9 on both variants – Agate Black9, Magnetic9, Moondust Silver9, Blue Metallic9, and Grey Matter9 – with Artisan Red9 available exclusively on the Tourneo Active. Buyers of the Tourneo Titanium X can also option 19-inch wheels9 for $1000.
Specifications and features above are correct at time of publication of this release. Final specification for the Tourneo Active and Titanium X will be announced closer to local arrivals in Q4, 2024. The Tourneo is produced in Ford’s Yeniköy plant in Kocaeli, Türkiye.
The recommended Manufacturers List Price (MLP) for the 2024.50MY Tourneo is as follows:
MLP (Incl. GST*)
*Recommended MLP only, including GST. The offer price of any vehicle or option is entirely at the discretion of the Dealer. Prices shown exclude Dealer delivery and statutory charges.
1. Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible and don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all SYNC® 4 features are compatible with all phones. SYNC screen appearance and functionality may change over time due to software updates.
2. Apple CarPlay / Android Auto requires phone with compatible version of Apple iOS / Android™ (as applicable), active data service, and connection cable (sold separately). SYNC® does not control Apple CarPlay / Android Auto while in use. Apple / Google and other third parties are responsible for their respective functionality. Message and data rates may apply. Apple CarPlay, Siri Eyes Free, iPod and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the US and other countries. Android Auto and Google Maps are trademarks of Google Inc. Ford Applink® is available on selected SYNC® models and is compatible with select smartphone platforms. Warning: Local laws prohibit some phone functions while driving. Check your local road rules before using these functions.
3. Wireless charging only available on compatible phones.
4. Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgement and need to control the vehicle. May not operate at certain speeds, or in certain driving, road or weather conditions. Please see Owner’s Manual for more information.
5. Adaptive Cruise Control has a minimum operating speed of 30km/hr.
6. Pre-collision Assist with Autonomous Emergency Braking detects pedestrians, but not in all conditions, and can help avoid or reduce a collision. Intersection Assist does not detect all vehicles in intersection, pedestrians or cyclists. These do not replace safe driving. See Owner’s Manual for Limitations.
7. BANG & OLUFSEN© 2023 and B&O© 2023. BANG & OLUFSENTM and B&OTM are registered trademarks of Bang & Olufsen Group. Licensed by Harman Becker Automotive System Manufacturing Kft. All rights reserved.
9. Regular Production Options are optional and available at additional cost and must be ordered before the vehicle is manufactured.
10. Awarded by International Van of the Year: https://van-of-the-year.com/.
11. Maximum towing capacity braked using a Ford Licenced Accessory or an appropriate aftermarket towbar and trailer brake controller. Subject to State and Territory regulations. To comply with these limits, occupants and / or luggage may need to be restricted to not exceed the GCM and GVM limits. For further details regarding passenger and luggage restrictions, please consult your authorized Ford Dealer and / or refer to the Owner’s Manual.
12. Connected Built-In Satellite Navigation is a Connected Service where eligible vehicles receive 1 year of service from the Ford Express New Vehicle Warranty start date, after which time the service may cease to be available or may be subject to a subscription fee. Users must have created a FordPass App account (terms apply), have fully activated the vehicle's FordPass Connect modem and have SYNC Location set to 'on' to use this feature.